How to Apply
Application deadline for the Class of 2018 is May 15, 2018. The 2018 seminar runs October 28–November 16 and will cost $3,200 for tuition, double-occupancy lodging (solo rooms available for an additional cost), and daily breakfast; occasional other meals are also included.
Scholarship assistance is available for select applicants. Each year, we select one applicant as recipient of the Denny O’Toole Scholarship, which covers the full cost of the program. Eligible applicants are also invited to apply for a $2,000 Diversity Scholarship to help defray the costs of attending. Scholarship application requires an additional letter, details of which are available in the application package.
The application packet should include:
- A signed cover letter confirming that you will attend the History Leadership Institute if you are accepted for the program.
- A statement (limit 2 pages) explaining why you’d like to attend the History Leadership Institute, how you expect attendance to benefit you and your career, and the impact that your presence might have upon your fellow Associates.
- A resume (limit 5 pages)
- A personal biography limited to 100 words. Include educational experience such as training programs in which you have participated.
- A one-page description of your institution.
- Two letters of recommendation (please do not mail them separately from your application).
- A letter of support from your Executive Director, CEO, or Board Chair (if you’re the Director/CEO) supporting your attendance.